Saturday, February 26, 2011

bierock and a triple karmeliet

As a young person I would watch movies and store away images that I hoped would be recreated in real life for me as an adult.  One of the repeated montages featured a group of adults eating together at a big table, enthusiastically conversing with one another, sometimes in a group, often in small pairs.  It would be during evening at a pub or outside. There would always be a rustic meal surrounded by bottles of wine, steins of beer, and candles.  People would be smiling, exclaiming, gesturing with their hands, and maybe even some hearty laughs (the kind where your head is thrown back without care).  When I find myself really living these moments, I just have to sit back, take it all in, and be thankful.










No comments:

Post a Comment