Tuesday, September 14, 2010

california coast

This is one of my favorite photographs I have ever taken.  It was taken on my film Nikon N65 in 2004 - this is a scan of the original print I made in the darkroom of the WKU photolab.  I was able to catch Andy looking out onto the bay from the boardwalk in Santa Cruz, California.  In my opinion, it pretty accurately captures Andy's character.



Whenever I get depressed, confused, or just lost, this is where I want to go.  Maybe not specifically this pier, but to this idea.  A spot that makes me far, far away.  I always feel like driving and driving until I can't drive anymore and I am stopped by some vast body of water.  I think that maybe this will provide the answers, this will make everything okay.  But I know from experience, that it doesn't.  Yet still, I want to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment