Sunday, September 12, 2010

Portraits: Week 1

A picture is the expression of an impression. If the beautiful were not in us, how would we ever recognize it?
Ernst Haas

My favorite type of photograph is the portrait.  I think this is because I love people: getting to know them, understanding them, interacting with them.  I feel like the most important moments in my life involve really experiencing another person.  There is something beautiful in everyone - to find it, recognize it, and share it - how amazing.  Our creator was very gracious to give us this.  

Over the years, I have taken portraits of my Family - the friends of significance.  I have hung them up on my wall, grandmother-style.  But recently, I have come to realize there are quite a few others who have effected me, even if just by a look.  How awesome would it be to enter into an intimate dialogue with these people, to try and understand them, to experience who they are.  What better way to do this then to take a Portrait.  So here is the challenge to myself: one a week.  Here is the first.  A very unique and beautiful, Miss Peake.





Other shots that I really like



When you go to take someone's picture, the first thing they say is, what you want me to do? Everyone is very awkward.
Annie Leibovitz

No comments:

Post a Comment