Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the joys of a three day weekend

One of the benefits of being a teacher is the observance of all national holidays.  This year held no long lines of tourists needing to buy a t-shirt or teenagers salivating for a frappuccino (in my world anyways...).  I mean, what's the point of "Labor" day if some people just end up working more?  I was so blessed to have 3 glorious days to spend however I wished, with whomever I wished.  The weather was in the mid-80's and everyday produced some pretty radiant sunshine.  The following are a few moments from my weekend - almost like little praises.

my beautiful friend, Kelsey, decided photographs were more important than frisbees

time spent at cherokee park is time spent well


caught Matt's game of rugby 


walked through the neighborhood

played at the waterfront


spent time with family




How often do you really get to REST?  Sometimes, when I get overwhelmed, I have a tendency to find distraction in movies, television, and naps.  But I found that a little bit of friendship, sunshine, frisbee, babies, and laughter can be more than an amusement - it can be the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment