Wednesday, January 19, 2011

alone at the zoo

One of the best things about living in St. Louis was the many cultural and educational places one could go for free.  I lived a bike ride away from Forest Park, which held not only a free spectacular art museum, but also a most magnificent free zoo.  I would go see the animals when I was lonely or bored.  Being alone at a zoo brings a wonderful feeling-  like you and the animals can relate better to each other, being in the same, lonely boat.  I especially enjoyed sitting in the primate house, watching the monkeys play, doze, and eat.  My heart also holds a special place for the reptiles all alone in their small aquariums, meandering their way through the same plants and waterholes day, after day.  I did not find Louisville's zoo as interesting as my old friend in St. Louis, but I was still able to spend some quality time with some beautiful animals.







No comments:

Post a Comment