Tuesday, January 25, 2011

under the street lamp

Under the street lamp last night, sat a monster of chrome and leather covered delicately with a dusting of snow.  This machine holds a romanticized image in my mind; something I am sure is true of many woman.  Are we subconsciously connecting this vehicle with the image of a mysterious, dangerous, and strong young man - enticing us, James Dean style?  Do we flutter at the thought of wrapping our arms around a leather clad chest?  Is it the rush of wind through our hair, the feeling of increasing speed, or the possibility of spontaneous getaway?  The tinted color of the snow that night and the classic style of bike, took my imagination to a time gone by, where innocence prevailed and adventure waited around every corner.  Maybe someday a boy with a twinkle in his eye, slicked back hair and tight jeans will come pick me up for my getaway...






1 comment:

  1. I am terrified of motorcycles, but I get it. These pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete