Saturday, January 1, 2011

so this is the new year

My feelings about New Year's Eve have always been conflicted.  I tend to have moments of joy-that I am spending time with good friends- but I also find myself getting sad - that another year has passed and that I am just as confused about my life as ever. I have never started my year thinking that I finally have what I want...my life is going the way that I want it.  It always feels like I am missing something - direction, stability, love (mostly love). But this is all silliness.  I really do have so much (one thing being the biggest love of all).  I need to just stop worrying, stop wishing for more, stop forgetting what I have.   We all are so blessed in so many ways, we just forget sometimes.  So Happy New Year.  I hope that you find joy this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment